Cancer Support Community is committed to protecting you!
As of Friday, March 13, 2020, the president has declared a national emergency due to the the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Based on guidance provided by national and local health authorities, Cancer Support Community Central Indiana (CSC) has put in place many preventative measures including frequent sanitization of furnishings and surroundings, encouragement of proper hand washing practices and discouraging visits by persons who are not feeling well.
CSC is dedicated to your safety and has determined these measures are no longer enough to mitigate the risk to our community. Because of the medically-vulnerable population we serve, along with the fact that infected persons might not exhibit symptoms for several days, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend in-person activities at our main location (5150 W. 71st Street), until it is safe to resume. For those attending programming at one of our hospital partner locations, details will be available as decisions are finalized. The health and well-being of our members, volunteers, friends and staff are of the utmost importance and this decision was not made lightly.
Beginning Saturday, March 14th, CSC support groups, educational workshops and healthy lifestyle activities will be offered via a virtual online connection accessible from any smart phone, tablet, or computer.
Virtual opportunities and arrangements for program activities are as follows:
- The Cancer Support Community facility, located at 5150 W. 71st Street, will close to the public, however, staff will remain on duty and phones will be answered during normal business hours.
- Current support group members will receive a phone call and an email invitation to join a virtual support group during their normally scheduled group time.
- Educational workshops will continue to be streamed on the Cancer Support Community Central Indiana Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cancersupportindy/ and YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/cancersupportindyorg
- Persons seeking help for cancer-related distress or seeking individual counseling may call 317-257-1505.
- Newcomer Meetings will take place on an individual basis, via phone or video appointments.
Our goal is to re-establish in-person programming on Monday, April 6th, given it is deemed safe to do so. We will continue to keep you updated as this situation evolves via email, social media and our website at www.cancersupportindy.org. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to keep our community safe and healthy.